
Today Hannah gets to go to a Tea Party for her friend Sydney's birthday. She, like any other four year old, is extremely excited about this party. On the invitation it said to come dressed in your Sunday or dress up best. Last night, Hannah asked me what she was going to wear to the party. I, being a mother who always wants her child to look her best, told her that we were going to get her all dressed up in her cute chocolate brown dress with the pink polka dots and the pale pink sash. Hannah's response, "I HAVE to wear CHURCH CLOOOOTHES!!!" In that response, I completely saw myself at her age. I HATED wearing dresses. The only days that I wore dresses were on Sundays and picture days at school. I didn't grow out of this hatred of fancy clothes until I got a grown up job and realized it was nice to dress up like said "grown up" and be treated with the respect that such wear demands. I didn't realize that Hannah felt like this about dresses at all because she loves to wear dress up dresses (which I did not)! And she loves to wear skirts and skorts and the like. Of course I can completely relate to her dissatisfaction toward wearing "church clothes" to a birthday party. I quickly changed course and told her that she could wear her Snow White dress and she skipped away as happy as can be.
So to all you doubters out there (there may be one or two, but their probably aren't any), it's official. Hannah really is my daughter and a lot more like me than I even realized! Too all you fellow readers and bloggers out there, which one of your kids is the most like you and what was your Ah Ha, light bulb moment when you discovered this to be so? Let me know in the comments I'd love to hear from you...
2 comments:
I am not sure my Sadie is like me at all. She is 100% true blue all dad. She likes the food he likes, she is as picky and funny duddy about the same things dave is funny about....i don't even think she looks like me - besides long brown hair. It will be fun to see who amberly is more like as she gets older.
I would have to say when my girls are so clumsy, they are all me. When they are sitting on a chair and all of a sudden out of nowhere they fall off of the chair. When they spill their food before it makes it to their mouth. One thing I remember from growing up is that I always asked my sisters to fix my hair instead of my mom. I also asked if I could fix their hair and I got curlers stuck in it. I was so worried they were going to have to cut the hair to get the curlers out. Well, the other day, I was fixing Ashley's hair while she was fixing Kymberly's hair. I didn't think it would start so young but yes, Kymberly would rather have someone else fix her hair. This is all I can think of right now but I know there are a ton of other moments when I know they are me through and through!
Post a Comment