Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hannah Threw a Party

Have your kids ever just decided that they are going to have a party? Hannah tries to do this quite frequently. She makes invitations and everything. In fact just last week she made invitations for Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Mickey, and Minnie. She wrote all of their names on their invitations and had an imaginary party. However, not all of her parties are imaginary. A few weeks ago Hannah decided she wanted to invite all of her friends over for a party. Unfortunately, for Hannah's party plans, I didn't feel like inviting all of her friends over and told her accordingly. Hannah was unabashed. She decided to have a party and invite our family instead. She got out a leftover party invitation from a party that she had been invited to and wrote all of our names on it. She then told all of us that the party was on Saturday. I didn't think much of it until Friday night. She had a hard time going to sleep because she was so excited about the party. I realized then that we really were going to have a party. So Saturday morning Hannah, Elise and I woke up and made Princess party crowns. Hannah cut them all out. She even made a crown for daddy and one for Ava. Then we colored our crowns. Then Hannah told me what we were going to have for our party food. We had crackers, cheese, and salmon spread along with cranberry juice. Hannah also had some party games planned. When daddy woke up we had a fun family party together. The girls were in party heaven! Sam, who is vastly outnumbered was a good sport and wore his blue "prince" crown like a real trooper. Here's to my little budding party planner! I love you Hannah!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

She is like a miniature YOU! It's crazy to think how much fun kids think parties are. Blaise constantly talks about what he is going to be doing for his B-Day party which is not for another like 10 months...what did we do before we had silly kiddos? PS Holly said she had fun with you guys...I am jealous.

The Bergers said...

Oh YES! The parties! And if its not a party its a sleepover... Sadie does the same thing! One time she made cards that said come to my house today at 1 oclock and then unbenonsted to me she ran and put them in all the neighbors mailboxs and i had people showing up!! Oh the funny things they do...

Sheralin said...

So cute! My kids like to make party invitations too. Usually I don't know that they have until I get a knock or two at the door with a kid saying, "Kason said he was having a backyard beach party."

Pollyanna Cook said...

Hannah should have been named Sara Jr. I think she is just like you, times three.