Friday, September 25, 2009

A Way Cool Recipe Website and a Delicious Recipe

Have any of you heard of this website http://www.supercook.com/? It is definitely my new favorite. You can enter what ingredients you have and then the website will find you recipes to match your ingredients. The other great thing about this website is that a lot of the recipes have the Nutrition Facts (i.e. how many calories, vitamins etc). How cool is that? At first when I was searching the website yesterday I thought hmm it would be so good to make some chicken with a ritz cracker crust. I found some recipes but then when I saw that one serving of chicken had over 700 calories I became very thankful that this site has the nutritional information. Instead I tried a different recipe from the site yesterday and the food turned out delicious! Here is the recipe with some of my own modifications. I'll put my modification is parenthesis or italics. If you want to see a picture (I was too hungry to take one) then you can look up the recipe on supercook. It is listed under 123 Chicken. Without further ado, here is the recipe.

4 bonless skinless chicken breasts
2-3 medium potatoes
2-3 carrots
5 Fresh Beets
a dozen pearl onions
Italian Dressing (I used a Light Balsamic dressing that had WAY less calories then regular Italian Dressing)

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Dry the chicken breasts and then lay them in the baking dish.
3. Cut the potatoes into cubes and the carrots at an angle for faster cooking. Cut the beets in half (depending on their size). Place vegetables around the chicken wherever there is space.
4. Pour the dressing over the entire pan of chicken and vegetables making sure the chicken gets well coated.
5. Add about an 1/8 of a cup of water around the edges of the pan; cover tightly with foil and bake 40-45 minutes.

This is great served with some tasty rolls.

Enjoy!

No comments: