When it came time for Hannah's actual first day I don't know who was more excited her or Elise and I don't know who was more anxious me, or Sam. Hannah is in the afternoon and she thought the time would never come to leave. Here are Hannah and Elise posing to head out the door.
When Mrs. Emory, Hannah's teacher, came and opened the door for the kids to come in you would have thought that Tom Cruise was arriving on the red carpet. The flashbulbs were popping and the kids were smiling as they all marched into there classroom and didn't look back. What an independent little class. Not one of the kids cried or even looked nervous.
The same could not be said for the parents. I kept thinking about how this is the end of such an important phase in Hannah's life and the beginning of another very important phase. I miss her so much every day when she's gone but I know that she is where she needs to be and that she will excel.
2 comments:
Awe. So sweet. I have a feeling this will be a similar experience for me when Jordan starts school. She already wishes she were in Kindergarten. It sure is great though when you know they enjoy it!
The last five years seem to have flown by. Next thing we know our little girls will be graduating! It is sure fun to see them get all excited for school though!
Post a Comment