
I was also deeply moved watching President-elect Barack Obama give his acceptance speech. I really hope that he meant it when he said that he plans to reach out to all Americans going forward. I have been so excited for this historic election. Knowing that one way or another our country would move forward and progress in a way that it hasn't been able to thus far. It is exciting to see that the country founded on the principles of "all men are created equal" is fulfilling those principles. I am extremely proud to be an American and I am grateful for the values that our country holds dear and that my parents have instilled in me. I hope to be able to teach these values to my own children. I recently read the Declaration of Independence and it felt like I was reading it for the first time! There are so many important facits to that document. I would encourage my fellow readers to take this occasion to read that historic document once again to remind yourself of what it means to be an American! I'm so thankful for my Country. God Bless the U.S.A.!
No comments:
Post a Comment