As with everyone else, Hannah and Elise got a ton of candy for Halloween. They, of course, want to eat all of said candy in one sitting. I, of course, as a half-decent mother cannot allow this to happen. So I put the candy into three big bowls and then put the bowls on the very tippy top shelf of the pantry. All went well for the first few days. The girls would ask for some candy and Sam or I would get them some. Then one day I was upstairs on the computer while my girls were downstairs "watching cartoons". All of a sudden I heard a big CRASH! I ran downstairs and found Elise sucking on a big bright blue lolly pop, and covered in bright blue lolly pop, and Hannah, in the pantry with candy lying all around her trying to put it all back into the bowl. Naturally, when I went into the pantry she looked up and said "mommy can I have some candy?" I helped her pick up the candy and put it back on the shelf and then I asked her if she had already had some. (Silly me, why do I ask questions that I already know the answer too?) Well, Hannah said that she hadn't had any and I thought since I had just heard the bowl crash from the heights of the pantry that this was probably true. It just hadn't quite occurred to me yet that if Elise was already chowing down on a sucker then Hannah had probably already been up those shelves quietly before the bowl came crashing down. I proceeded to get Hannah a piece of candy and then I opened it for her. I went to throw the wrapper in the trash and that's when I found multiple, and I do mean multiple, candy wrappers in the garbage along with some half eaten candy that must not have been to her or Elise's liking. Needless to say the candy is now hidden in my closet on the tippy top shelf that I can barely reach and if they want candy they have to ask and then I lock myself in my room before I get it for them. I really didn't think that Hannah would be able to figure out where the candy was hidden. But then yesterday she came up to me after I had gone through the process of getting her a piece of candy and she said with a big Hannah smile, "I know where the candy is. It's in your bedroom, in your bathroom, in your storage closet!" Well that is the route that you have to take to get to the candy so she was right on the money. I'm not sure how she figured it out but I think she must have listened and heard me opening and closing doors. She's a smart little whipper snapper and I'm so glad she's mine! Even if that means that the candy sleuth is on the loose!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
My Pensive Little Hannah is a Super Sleuth!
As with everyone else, Hannah and Elise got a ton of candy for Halloween. They, of course, want to eat all of said candy in one sitting. I, of course, as a half-decent mother cannot allow this to happen. So I put the candy into three big bowls and then put the bowls on the very tippy top shelf of the pantry. All went well for the first few days. The girls would ask for some candy and Sam or I would get them some. Then one day I was upstairs on the computer while my girls were downstairs "watching cartoons". All of a sudden I heard a big CRASH! I ran downstairs and found Elise sucking on a big bright blue lolly pop, and covered in bright blue lolly pop, and Hannah, in the pantry with candy lying all around her trying to put it all back into the bowl. Naturally, when I went into the pantry she looked up and said "mommy can I have some candy?" I helped her pick up the candy and put it back on the shelf and then I asked her if she had already had some. (Silly me, why do I ask questions that I already know the answer too?) Well, Hannah said that she hadn't had any and I thought since I had just heard the bowl crash from the heights of the pantry that this was probably true. It just hadn't quite occurred to me yet that if Elise was already chowing down on a sucker then Hannah had probably already been up those shelves quietly before the bowl came crashing down. I proceeded to get Hannah a piece of candy and then I opened it for her. I went to throw the wrapper in the trash and that's when I found multiple, and I do mean multiple, candy wrappers in the garbage along with some half eaten candy that must not have been to her or Elise's liking. Needless to say the candy is now hidden in my closet on the tippy top shelf that I can barely reach and if they want candy they have to ask and then I lock myself in my room before I get it for them. I really didn't think that Hannah would be able to figure out where the candy was hidden. But then yesterday she came up to me after I had gone through the process of getting her a piece of candy and she said with a big Hannah smile, "I know where the candy is. It's in your bedroom, in your bathroom, in your storage closet!" Well that is the route that you have to take to get to the candy so she was right on the money. I'm not sure how she figured it out but I think she must have listened and heard me opening and closing doors. She's a smart little whipper snapper and I'm so glad she's mine! Even if that means that the candy sleuth is on the loose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's a cute story! Hannah is gorgeous! Bailey is already getting to the stage where if we eat, she thinks she needs some too! In fact, if she even see's food...SHE WANTS IT!! :)
that is so cute and she is so smart! My kids candy is in bowls on top of the fridge. Andrew doesn't try to get it and Makayla can't (because there's nothing to climb) so we've been okay so far. With Hannah in the house good luck hiding any Christmas presents!
Sarah! Im so glad I found your blog! What a cute story, hannah is getting so big! I hope everything is going well for you and your family!
Shantel
Thank you for inviting me but I actually had plans already :( I would love to get together sometime though!! Please let me know when your having another girls night!!! It would be fun!
That was hilarious. Noah has been a sneak with the candy as well!
Oh, how that sounds all to familiar!
Thats funny you had a dream about our basketball years! I seriously miss those days! I've tried to enroll the women in my ward to play but they cant ever get a team together! How fun it would be if we all lived close enough to do things together! Maybe someday you all will move to Utah!:)
That is way too funny! Smart, Cute Hannah!
Post a Comment