My side of the family has a family Christmas Party annually a few weeks before Christmas. Because my family is so large, (there are nine children in my family and we are all married with multiple children) we have this annual get together at a church in Eastern Idaho. This year we had it in American Falls, Id. It was a beautiful wintery day on the day of the party, which is great except that I had to drive in a vehicle that I was not used to yet from Aberdeen to American Falls in the snow storm. We made it to the church and had a fantastic time. We had a nice potato bar with every yummy thing that you could possibly want on it and then every one brought there favorite treats and we snacked, and snacked and snacked! I actually brought a box of oranges because I thought that there would be lots of sweet stuff and the oranges went over quite well. We played some serious games of Bump, similar to lightening except that unless you are playing with Michael Jordan, the game never ends because whenever the person that got you "out" gets put "out" then you get to go back in! The kids got to do a piniata which Hannah and Elise thought was just grand. They also ran around in the gym trying to get into mischief, but thankfully not succeeding! Then we had a white elephant gift exchange where the presents varied from FootLoose on DVD to a hideous green macrame straight out of the 70's that should have stayed there but instead it always manages to find it into one of the packages at the Beck Family Christmas party! After this we played a mean game of name that tune which my brother Jeremy really rocked at, especially if it was 80's rock tunes! Jeremy then presented us with a beautiful video called "The Nativity" put out by my church. He synced the film to "Silent Night" by Manheim Steamroller and it was just so touching. Thanks Jeremy for letting us feel the spirit together at the Christmas party.
Eventually we had to give up our strong hold on the church (there was something else scheduled for the evening) so after we finished at the church the party continued for many of us at my brother Joel's house, which is just up the road from the church. We had a great time sipping hot chocolate, visiting and boxing, on the Wii of course! All in all, I believe a great time was had by all! I know I certainly had fun. Thanks Joel and Ann and John and Pollyanna for organizing one heck of a party this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment