
I like gymnastics in part because I can still remember seeing Mary Lou Retton score her perfect 10s in the '84 Olympics. After that, my brother Daniel and I used to pretend that we were gymnasts in the front yard and I of course always scored a 10! I just knew that my flipping around on the apple tree branch was going to take me places, not to mention my "daring" front hand spring. I always wanted to be a gymnast and make it on the cover of Wheaties! Do they even make Wheaties anymore?
As for Diving, I think that the reason that I like it so much is the opposite reason that I like gymnastics. I never dreamed of being an Olympic diver. I have always been pretty afraid of diving. Watching other people dive gets my adrenaline pumping and makes me feel nervous and scared and excited all at once. I don't want them to fail. I hold my breath as they bounce off of the board and plunge into the beautiful clear blue water. This is something that I would never be able to do myself. I enjoy watching the expertise and precision that these divers obtain. The picture below is a fine example of what I look like when I dive! So how about you fellow bloggers? What are your favorite sports to watch? Are you as excited for the Olympics as I am or do you think they are boring? Sound off in the Comments :o)!
1 comment:
Hey Sara, I love blogging it is a great way to see what everyone is doing that I haven't seen in years. I am so glad to see that you are doing so great. We'll have to keep in touch now.
Post a Comment