A few weeks ago Hannah and I decided to go to a great festival that they have here in Boise. It is called Art in the Park. Year in and Year out it is named the best Festival in the Treasure Valley and now that I have been I can see why. It is at Julia Davis Park which is right on the green belt. It is nestled up to the Boise river and right across the river from Boise State University. The Idaho Art Museum, the Idaho History Museum, and the Boise Zoo are also located at this park. It is a great place to have a festival. When Hannah and I arrived, we decided to park at B.S.U. campus. I took Hannah across campus and told her that this was where I went to college. Hannah was completely fascinated. She said that when she got older I could drop her off here so that she could go to college like me! We then proceeded to walk across a footbridge that carried us right over the beautiful Boise river. Hannah was a little nervous about the footbridge but she said that as long as I held her hand then she knew that she would be safe. I love that she has that wonderful trust ingrained in her. When we got to the park I realized just how big this festival is. There were hundreds of Booths. Their were all different kinds of artists selling their wares. If Hannah saw something that she was interested in she would go right up to the artists and ask them how they made it. The artists were very kind in explaining various processes to her including but not limited too how a kiln works and how to press leaves under glass. Hannah was fascinated by the many different kinds of art that they had there. Along with the art booths there were also some fabulous food booths. Hannah and I went a little crazy at the food booths :O)! We had Nachos, cotton candy, candied almonds, and a snow cone! The highlight of our little adventure was most definitely the Children's Art Tent. This was a huge white tent set up with all kinds of art projects for kids to do. Hannah was in art project heaven! She has really been into art all summer. She loves all different kinds of projects from clay, to coloring, to painting. Well, at this tent they even had easels set up for the kids to create their own painting. Hannah painted her little heart out. I loved being able to spend the time with just Hannah. It felt like we had all the time in the world and we could do whatever we wanted. We even saw a one-man-band and a man on a tall unicycle playing the fiddle. We had a great time together. On the walk back to the park Hannah kept picking up cute little nature treasures to take home to show daddy. She got some acorns from B.S.U. campus along with a few "beautiful" leaves and some sticks and flower petals. All in all I would say the day was a success. If ever you are in Boise the weekend after Labor day I highly recommend Art in the Park. It is a great place for kids and grown ups alike!

Hannah in her art smock.




Hannah's Masterpiece!

Just me and my Hannah!

Hannah in front of someone else's metal art. My brother Jared can do similar stuff.

Getting your face painted is a very serious business!


Is it Super girl??

Yep it's a one-man-band, folks! He was as eccentric as they come and also very talanted. He made the band himself.
7 comments:
How fun to have one-on-one time! What a fun day! I still can't believe how much Hannah looks like you. It is amazing! You may have a little artist. I love the comment about you dropping her off so she can go to college.
So fun!! I still need to come and see your house!
I love Art in the Park. And, I love the one man band. He used to always be at the River Festival and I always had to stop and gawk at him. Looks like you had a great time!
It looks like you 2 had a great day! How fun!
I love Art in the Park. Always one of my favorite things!
So did you buy anything???
It was fun to see you at Art in the Park. We had a really great time too but ended up going somewhere else for lunch because the lines were so long!
Thanks for making me miss Boise :) I love Art in the Park, Julia Davis, the zoo....*sigh* It looks like you had a wonderful time!
Melissa
Post a Comment